The Aroostook County Genealogical Society, a non-profit organization founded in 2003, is the society for everyone from the beginner to the most advanced family historian. The ACGS serves its members by:
- Providing genealogical skills development through education information, publications, research assistance, and networking opportunities;
- Promoting the highest standards of ethical reasearch principles and scholarly practices;
- Establishing important links with other groups worldwide;
- Providing depth and breadth of knowledge and opportunities for our members;
- Creating programs to increase public awareness of opportunities to discover family history;
- Promoting interest in the fascinating field of genealogy and family history.