Caribou is a City in Aroostook County, incorporated on April 5, 1859, as the town of Lyndon from Eaton Plantation and part of half township H. In 1869 Lyndon annexed Eaton, Sheridan, and Forestville plantations. On February 26th of that year, its name was changed to Caribou, then back to Lyndon on March 9th! Finally, on February 8, 1877, Caribou was confirmed as the town’s permanent name. Ninety years later, It was incorporated as a city on February 23, 1967. — Maine, an Encylopedia.
Caribou & Caribou village
T13 R2 WELS, T14 R2 WELS, and T15 R2 WELS
Associated Place Names
Barretts, Bishop, Colby, Crouseville, East Lyndon, Grimes Mill, Hurd, Maine, McGraw, North Lyndon, Part of Brown Corner, Pauls, and Roberts