Ashland is a “two township” town in Aroostook County, incorporated on February 18, 1862, from the township of T11 R5 WELS. In 1869 its name changed to Dalton, then back to Ashland in 1876. Sheridan plantation was organized on May 21, 1878, from T12 R5 WELS, then annexed by Ashland in 1901 to form its present boundaries. — Maine, an Encylopedia.
No. 11 Range 5
Ashland (No. 11, R. 5)
The Town of Ashland & The Village of Ashland
T11 R5 WELS, T12 R5 WELS
Associated Place Names
Frenchville, Sheridan, and Skerry