I recently researched and recorded the history of ACGS. In doing so, I read every newsletter and Secretary’s report since our beginning in 2003. We have covered the gambit in our programming topics over the years.
Items which have become annual events since their inception are:
- Cochran Cemetery maintenance
- Northern Maine Fair Exhibits
- Attendance at Maine Genealogical Society Conferences,
- Research and Potluck dinner at Jay’s,
- We have published books, CD’s and a monthly Newsletter,
- Members have hosted workshops and have taught classes in genealogy and related topics for genealogists
- We have attended workshops and classes to improve knowledge and skills
A future project which I have presented to Jay is to print all “This Old Tree” articles and I will put them in a book form for easy reference.
Brenda Jackson Bourgoine